What should you do when your Huntsville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your loved ones – against the various risks you could face, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Although your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Huntsville home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, disorienting, and could provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and abide by these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Huntsville Sounds
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the distinct sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency on your own but instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Protect your family. Your primary concern should be your family members and leading them to safety. In the event of a intrusion, this might involve going to a predetermined safe room as far away from entrances as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to leave your residence right away.
- Grab your smartphone. Most homeowners keep their smartphones with them all the time these days, but you might fail to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Huntsville goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will act immediately. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The guideline they follow is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are dispatched. If you have a break-in - the most typical type of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you through the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t get a reply, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby police are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not able to interact with monitoring staff, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even if you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Huntsville
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Huntsville from Vivint. Dial (256) 330-4373 to start designing your home’s protection today.