Tips to cut down on false alarms in Huntsville
False alarms are an actual concern for home security systems. They not only decrease the faith you have in your installation, but they can also be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Fortunately, you may do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Huntsville sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that all components are installed properly. This will probably sound like an obvious course of action, but it frequently happens that overlooked mistakes lead to false alarms. Next, check out possible causes of false alarms, such as entry points that might be left unsecured inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Huntsville.
Could it be really that simple? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Huntsville?
When figuring out any concern, the best course of action is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all your components are installed properly from your end by:
- Executing a checkup through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually inspect each component to ensure it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart components are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Contact your Vivint agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Huntsville home. They'll be happy to send out a tehnician to check your setup.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your configuration appears to be OK, the ensuing course of action is to do a sweep of your property. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an access point remains unsecured, it could activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your family consistently forgets to shut a door, you might want to incorporate a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security is engaged. Sadly, windows take additional physical effort, especially if you have a family member who enjoys to fall asleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that sensor while protecting the remaining areas of the house.
Automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Huntsville
One of the smartest ways to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. By using your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms that result from absentmindedly opening doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm as you depart the property, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive cell phone updates when your devices detect abnormal activity or have need of a fresh battery.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can turn your system on or off without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Huntsville when you get a Vivint smart home installation
Increased authority over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, call (256) 330-4373 or send in the following form.