Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Huntsville smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full control of your Huntsville home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Huntsville help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or saved video from any integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Huntsville by setting schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Huntsville
Despite the fact that various users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the info to send an request.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Huntsville smart home. Contact (256) 330-4373 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.